About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 29 July 2016

Army Review : 28mm Mob Wars - Salutesville's Finest

I've decided to jump around a bit between periods to break things up a little, so today is the first of my Salutesville posts. Simply because I took pics of them first, I'll kick off with Salutesville's "Finest", the Police. It's also a good opportunity to show off some of the buildings and diecast vehicles in my Mob Wars collection.



"No, honestly - it's just molasses these days..."


Captain Campbell and his favourite toy (the gun, not the gunner!)

Murch Park Precinct

Dixon Dock Station

Blue Moon Street Station

Not diecasts - these are resin & metal from Blue Moon

As they fit in best with the cops, I've chosen to include the other representatives of the forces of Lora Norder in this post:


The G-Men

the Bulls - Salutesville City Penitentiary's correction officers

The figures are a mix of Pulp Figures (cops), Dixon (cops), Blue Moon (cops and G-Men) and Copplestone (the Bulls). The cops will be getting some reinforcements - I've got an armoured car and tank that need a little bit of finishing off, plus there's a harbour patrol launch for them to paint up at some point. There are two more police packs in the Pulp Figures range which I might buy at some point - I'm thinking of doing them as Court officers in grey to distinguish them.

The buildings are from Sarissa Precision apart from the courthouse which is from TT Combat.





8 comments:

  1. Right up there amongst my favourites of your projects. Love the uniform on The Bulls especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see these altogether Tamsin, I loved watching this collection grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice looking force. I will be interested to know what rules you will be using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Millsy - cheers! It's been a fun project so far and I expect it to continue that way :)

    @ Michael A - thanks m'Lord! It's still growing, so carry on watching! :)

    @ Francis - cheers m'dear! :)

    @ Clint - thanks! I think I'll be using a mix of "The Chicago Way", "Black Ops" and "Mad Dogs With Guns" for games with this lot, maybe "The World Aflame" and ".45 Action"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, hit submit by accident before finishing my reply...

      @ Roy - cheers! :)

      Delete
  6. A great collection. Just right for a skirmish game. Surely the MMG is overkill?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete