About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 18 July 2016

Army Review: 15mm Crusties

Not a bunch of unwashed music festival-going types (well, I suppose they could be) but members of an alien race, possibly related to the "Prawns" from District 9. The figures are 15mm from GZG.









I'm not going to go OTT with these, although I do have a few additions in the painting queue - a pair of heavy walkers, a pair of light crab tanks and a few more infantry and PA troops.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like District 9, & I've had an eye on these great GZG figures for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking force you have there!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe they are based on the District 9 aliens, they apparently have several names 'Crusties' is the name given to them by GZG, but in the Tomorrow's War Universe they are known as the 'Marshborn'. They are a species on the run, refugees from another species of alien conquerors. Their technology is old and has been repaired many times, so their ships, vehicles, weapons and armour have a cobbled together appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry, they look awesome. I hope I can paint mine as good when I get them.

      Delete
  4. They look great and so much better then mine - oh they're still looking sinister in the box and looking rather shiny !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Clint -is 15mm sci-fi ever badness? :)

    @ Pawn Cocktail - cheers! They are nice figures :)

    @ Ross - thanks! :)

    @ Robert - cheers! I forgot about the Marshborn from TW's fluff - thanks for the reminder :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! Now, get on with painting yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always loved the crusties. Seeing your army makes me want to visit GZG and spend a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Visiting the GZG site (or seeing their stand at shows) usually makes me want to spend lots of money. I've been good recently though and have resisted the temptations waved before my eyes by Mr Tuffley! :)

      Delete