About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 2 March 2014

Challenge Day 78 - Sunday Update

Well, the past week wasn't kind to me. I didn't pick up a paint brush between Monday night and Saturday evening because I was feeling incredibly tired and in no fit state to paint. To be honest, I almost didn't do anything yesterday, but with the deadline looming for the "favourite character" round I wanted to at least try to finish my figure in time.

In the end I did finish the figure before the deadline, although I'm not happy with the pics I took. Curt has already managed to post the gallery for this round. It's certainly an interesting mix of figures submitted by people as their favourite character(s).

Although I haven't done much painting over the past few days, I have managed to do some prep. All of the ships for my ESU mega-fleet have been done (assembly, priming and painting to be done later). Today I've been prepping 24 Mongol light horsemen.

Hopefully I won't be so tired in the evenings this week and will be able to crack on with my current projects - the Mongol command group, the pirate command groups and the pirate "dragoons".

Just a quick workbench photo to show you:



As you can see, I've just glued the Mongol's horses onto sticks for painting. Tomorrow I'll glue the riders to the horses.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you're tired Tamsin. You consistently push yourself to the limit and I think you needed the break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a short break is all we need.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you're not firing on all cylinders Tamsin - hoping things get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep at it Tamsin. We're all flagging but the finish line is in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Mongol Pirate Command Group?... :-p

    Marzio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tamsin,

    Everything except, perhaps, the Mongol Pirate Command Group thing, is good advice. Your tiredness sounds as much psychological as physical. My suggestion is that you step back and do one fun thing that you don't ordinarily do. Is there a flavor of ice cream you used to enjoy? A friend with whom you have not spoken in a while? take time to do the little things and you will feel better.

    Your work is admirable. Go back to it when you feel less tired.

    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone needs a break every now and then!

    ReplyDelete