About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 6 June 2013

Some More Plunder

First of all, thanks for all the well-wishing. My cold is much better now, but I was still feeling run down this evening and haven't done any painting.

I did receive a couple of small deliveries yesterday:

Some Grumpy's Koreans - commanders, cavalry, artillery and handgunners

28mm wolves; Grumpys light pirate guns & Cimaroons

Barrel pile and ship's boat

Some 1:300 scale ships (sloop, schooner, brig and merchantman)

In case you are wondering about the wolves, well they're for use on viking warlord bases.

As for the 1:300 scale pirate ships, there is a very good reason for them. In FoG:R "naval units" are each meant to be represented by a pair of model ships. The buccaneer army can have 2 naval units, which would need 4 ship models. In practice, you can probably get away with a single ship model per unit, but what the heck.

Now, you may be asking why bother with these when I've got a lovely 15mm ship that I'm painting up? Well, whilst the 15mm ship will look rather grand on the tabletop, it is a bit big and awkward to carry around for games, but these little ships will do the trick very nicely.

12 comments:

  1. Dear Tamsin,
    Quick question(s): with all of your recent painting, how many fuigures are in your 30YW army? Koreans?
    Do feel better, life's too short to have a cold that makes you feel too ill not even to want to paint.
    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! My Scottish warlord might have to be accompanied by his deerhound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that PP did 1:300 ships...! Hmmmmm....... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scallywag! You love the plunder even more than you like the pillaging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plunder is always nice to get!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you could have a little sideline naval game or two..

    Yarrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. Nice looking stuff. I'll have to go check out Peter Pig for ships, I've got a hankering for some sea shenanigans. Also I vote for naming the Pirate ship the "Venus". I committed a series of limericks about the Good Ship Venus to memory when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you smashed the cold aside and having time to plunder the seven seas...o.k. the post box.
    I wonder how you find the time to paint them all...mysterious. Anyway the idea with the smaller ships is good. Cannot wait to see them painted.
    Name for the big ship: The Salty Shellfish??? No not dreaddening: The Haunted Molly??? Too much B-Movie??

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jerry the CC - cripes! That needs a head-count!

    30YW - 24 light horse, 168 cavalry, 232 foot, 6 guns and 24 crew, 12 mounted commanders on 4 stands

    Koreans - so far: 8 light horse, 72 cavalry, 16 light foot, 48 levy foot, 48 regular foot, 4 command stands (each 1 mounted, 3 foot).
    I've also got a lot more foot and command stands to be painted up and will probably add some more light horse and nomad cavalry

    @ Phyllion - that could be an idea. More ships would be needed though.

    @ Sean - would those limericks be inspired by the Sex Pistols' song about matelots engaging in lewd behaviour amongst the yards and sheets ;)

    @ Markus - it's far too soon to name the ship :)

    ReplyDelete