About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 14 January 2013

WooHoo!

Last chance to enter my prize draw!


I'm still grotty with my cold, but not as bad as I was over the weekend so I should be back at work tomorrow. However, I had something to cheer me up this morning - Anne has posted pics of mini-me on her blog, and a wonderful job she has done too. I really love the back-story she's written for my avatar for her story arcs and the figure looks absolutely "me".

It also meant that I was able to throw open the windows to provide ventilation for doing the matt spraying of the finished Saxons (and to clear out some of the fug from my flat). Once the figures were sprayed, I was able to get on with flocking the bases, take some pics and send them off to Curt - hopefully they'll be up on his blog this evening.

Late 30YW "Horse"

I've done the base colours on the horses and the manes, tails, cannons and muzzles (as applicable) on the bays. greys (OK, blue roans), the creams and some of the chestnuts. Later on I'll do the washes and possibly the riders' trousers.

I've ordered some extra figures to make up 3 regiments of these - I needed 2 more troopers, 1 more standard bearer and 3 officer-type figures. I also ordered some Finnish "Hakka Pelli", some more harquebusiers/reiters and some regimental guns. I should be picking them up this weekend at the tournament - Damian from Donnington Miniatures is taking part and I could even end up playing against him at some point.

10 comments:

  1. It's a stunning figure Tamsin, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did mention that you liked certain of her "attributes" Francis :)

      Delete
  2. Glad your on the mend, look forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great figure - hard to think of a better avatar! Fantastic, really brilliant. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting up the link Tamisin. People do seem to like her.

    Looking forward to seeing your post up at Curts and have fun at that tournament. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the cold for the better part of two weeks now, and I've been bed-ridden for most of the last seven days with it. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well good news that you will be back at work tomorrow. At least you got some painting done. I think Curt may well have a fair few entrants to wade through given the weekend

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great figure, Tamsin. How cool to be "memorialized" like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne did a lovely job on your avatar. She looks much more sensible than the red headed elf lady of mine that appeared on Curt's blog today. :)
    Get better soon and kick butt at the tournament!

    ReplyDelete