About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 15 July 2012

WIP: Lorraine Knights #2

I didn't get as much done on the knights this evening as I'd hoped:
base colours for caparisons
armour dry-brushed with Gunmetal Grey
horse base-coats


And once again, I messed up the order I did those steps in! It should have been the reverse of the above.

Note to self: get brain in order before you completely b****r these figures up!

Anyways, here are a couple of pics:



Tomorrow I'll do the shading washes on the horses, tidy up the caparisons, base colours on tunics/tabards and shield faces, any visible flesh, have a nervous breakdown whilst trying to paint fleurs de lys and other designs onto the shields, tabards and caparisons.

7 comments:

  1. Bugger, bugger, still good progress though Tamsin, prize arrived and thanks very much again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painted figures there and I am truly amazed at the speed you paint at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, you get heaps done, not sure how but you do.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work Tamsin. Really like the look of the caparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Fran - they got there quick! Looking forward to seeing them painted up on your blog

    @ Panzerkaput - I'm still nowhere near Ray's speed

    @ Phyllion - yup, more horses. The perils of historical wargaming!

    @ Rodger - at this point it was lucky you couldn't see the close up evidence of dry-brushed metal on the caparisons

    ReplyDelete