About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Update time: prep work

I didn't get round to posting last night as I was busy prepping some more figures for painting up over the Easter break. In all, I prepped:

Scythian command group - 3 riders, 3 horses
Scythian cataphracts/lancers - 12 riders, 12 horses
Scythian light horse - 24 riders, 24 horses
Chewks - 38 foot figures, 2 mortars, 2 tripod mounted heavy guns

They have been washed and left to dry out overnight. This evening I will be gluing them to sticks for painting, then attaching riders to horses once the PVA has dried.

While the PVA is drying, I suppose I ought to do some painting - either the Sarmatian command figures or the unattached riders for the TEDF horses.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a busy weekend for you. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. More like "not-Jawas". The Tolero infantry from Black hat are "not-Ewoks", but I'll paint them up at a later date.

      Delete
    2. Lol. Look forward to seeing them!

      Delete
  3. decent bit of prep there

    and yes get some painting done , no good just watching glue dry - its worse than paint...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are in the situation we all face... wanting to post on your blog no work to show... I used to do that but it is not as great as the feeling you get posting the finished article to the amazment of all the viewers who had no idea what you were doing

    ReplyDelete