About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 11 March 2012

Quick update

I didn't get much painting done yesterday, mainly as a result of getting engrossed in reading Battlegames and Miniature Wargames. All I got done was the eyes on the horses, which isn't worth taking pics of at this point.

Once I have got my Sunday chores done, I'll have to crack on and do some more painting. At least I won't have the distraction of glossy mags to tempt me away from doing some work!

8 comments:

  1. Curse you, glossy magazines! Wargames mags: distracting gamers from finishing their armies and persuading us to start new ones since nineteen-canteen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention, putting us completely off ever painting a mini again when we see some of the paint-jobs in the mags. Mind you, the pics posted by one contributor to MW do provide a good antidote to that effect ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't usually buy MW but your comment has got me intrigued!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get that brush out and finish the horses!!! I know what you mean about both mags, WI makes you want to hang up the brush for good, while with MW, you tend to feel very superior!!! I'm sure my 4 year old daughter could do a better job than some of the figures they print in that mag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyes of 15mm horses? You are really mythical. I HATE WI, hate; wonderful minis and very interesting periods...

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Juan - Welcome to my followers list! The "eyes" are just small blobs of raw umber, nothing too intricate :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you a lot, and welcome, also, to my own list. For me, painting 15mm models is intricate. I think they are more difficult that 28mm ones.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete